Health Alert: Important Coronavirus Update
Coronavirus Disease 2019, or COVID-19, is a new respiratory virus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. The World Health Organization (WHO) recently declared COVID-19 a global pandemic. If you develop a fever or cough or have difficulty breathing, or have had close contact with someone who has had a confirmed positive COVID-19 test result, please seek medical attention by calling your provider’s office. For more information regarding the coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
If you need help deciding if you should seek medical care, access the CDC Coronavirus Self-Checker on the CDC COVID-19 Symptoms page by clicking on the Coronavirus Self-Checker button at the top of the page.
Manatee Diagnostic Center Services
Our four locations are fully operational. If you are scheduled to visit one of our locations for testing and have a fever or flu-like symptoms, please reschedule your appointment. Due to an increased number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in our area, we are allowing only patients in our locations.
- Riverside: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Pointe West: Wednesday and Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Parrish – Temporarily closed
- Arcadia: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The CDC recommends individuals and families follow everyday preventive measures.
- Social distancing – avoiding crowds and crowded spaces, avoiding handshaking and hugging, deliberately staying at least six feet away from other people, and replacing in-person visits with remote check-ins using technology.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60–95% alcohol.
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Stay home when you are sick with respiratory disease symptoms.
Protect Yourself and Your Family: World Health Organization →
What You Need to Know: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) →
Check Your Symptoms: CDC Coronavirus Self-Checker →
We are accepting donations!
Our staff of healthcare providers is currently equipped to keep patients and our workers safe. However, it is expected that over the next few weeks, we will experience a shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
If you are interested in providing items (donated or hand-made) to our facility, kindly follow the user-friendly instructions here. To make a donation, contact us. We thank you for your generosity and your time.